Apply for Membership in The Bucks
The Bucks Business Network Inc., is a business club made up of professionals and private business owners as well as executives from non-profit and government agencies. The purpose of the Club is to bring together progressive individuals interested in advancement for themselves and their business/organizations.
After submitting an application to the Bucks Business Network, it will be reviewed by the Board of Directors to determine that there is no conflict with any other members of the organization. The Board meets on the first Monday of the month so depending upon the time of the month that you apply, there may be a timing delay. The Bucks By-Laws state that there may be only one member representing anyone particular line of business. After being cleared by the Board, the application is read to the general membership to see if there are any conflicts. Members have one week to respond. If there are no objections, you will be invited to attend five consecutive meetings so that the members may familiarize themselves with yourself and your business. Meetings are from 7:45 until 9 AM each Wednesday morning at the Staten Island Hotel.
At the five meetings, you will be required to give a brief introduction to yourself and your business. You will also be requested to provide a tip each week. A tip is defined as any of the following:
• Exchange of ideas/information aimed towards benefiting general membership.
• Straight referral — You can send a potential customer to a member.
• Member to member business — It is not required that you do business with any club members. Membership imposes no such responsibility.
• Educational — information about a new tax law, marketing technique, reproduction of an article from a periodical that pertains to one or more members.
• Informational — news on business opportunities, market information or what a competitor is doing.
• On the occasion of your fifth meeting, you will be requested to provide a short presentation (not more than five minutes) describing your own background and that of your business.
• A brief question and answer period will follow.
You will be asked not to attend the next meeting. At that time, your application will be voted on by the general membership. You will then be notified if your membership has been accepted.
Bucks dues are currently $125 per month due at the beginning of each month. There is a $75 initiation fee. A member may pay by cash or credit card. Members may not miss more than three meeting per calendar quarter. Attending Bucks sponsored events can serve as a makeup for a meeting.
Advertising, Marketing, Transit Media
Alarms, Cameras & Monitoring
Auto Collision Repairs
Catering (Off-Premise) & Restaurant
Children's Party Center
Computer Hardware, Software & Supplies
Co-op Direct Mail Advertising
Credit Card Services/Merchant Services
Environmental Clean Up
Embroidery / Screen Printing Clothing
General Home Improvement
HVAC, Plumbing, Oil & Natural Gas
Janitorial, Lawn, Landscape Designs
New Home Construction
Newspaper Publishing -Monthly
Parties & Special Events Services
Real Estate Sales
Senior Services/Care Management
Signs, Awnings & Vehicle Graphics
Skilled Nursing Facility
Small Business Lending
Trophy / Plaque Supply Service
Vending, Coffee & Bottled Water Services